Series: Star Trek (The Original Series)
Episode: 2.23 By Any Other Name (02-23-68)
Redshirt Status: 1/21/44
Notable Guest Stars:
Barbara Bouchet – Kelinda
Warrant Stevens – Rojan. I kept wondering why he looked familiar…he guest stared several times on ER
Stewart Moss – Hanar
This episode is kind of odd. We have a group of aliens attempting to take over Enterprise and go home. They have advanced technology, able to paralyze people. They could build a holding area, but apparently lack the ability/need to build homes or repair their ship and go home.
The ending is a bit of a letdown, although it holds the optimistic ending most Star Trek aim for. I am starting to see it as Lazy writing to have Kirk seducing the lead female guest star to save the day. He does not need to teach the galaxy about love. Season 2 Kirk is not like season 1 Kirk who I liked a lot better.
Also I would have liked to see the crew come back from their sugar cube state.
- Directed by Marc Daniels
- Written by DC Fontana and Jerome Bixby
- I want all of Scotty’s decanters
- Scotty drunk the alien under the table. After all that alcohol at least one of them should be dead from alcohol poisoning.
- the acting overall was pretty good. Just didn’t care for the pacing.
- I’m tired of Kirk kissing his way to freedom. For once could it be another character? Or I don’t know, not involving any romance. I am usually not against this, but when it happens episode after episode after episode, it gets a little tiring.